Thursday, May 17, 2007

Our time so far in Denver.....

Hello Everyone,
We are so very sorry it's been so long since we've updated our blog. We have been so busy with work and livin' it up in Denver. Thomas is working for Sears as a sub-contractor remodeling kitchens. We have been very thankful that he gets to work a job a week which keeps him busy. We were able to go snowboarding 2 times when we got here. We went to Copper Mountain and Winterpark which is gorgeous. I must say we got pretty good at shredding this winter.



Since we only have one car, I've become quiet the cycler. Someone let me borrow a bike to I bike everywhere and I love it. Thomas a I biked to downtown Denver,which is only a 15 min bike ride and spent the day walking around.


Even in the city, everywhere you look you can see snow capped mountains.


We finally made it to Rocky Mountain National Park. WOW!!!! Totally breathtaking. It was 70 degrees but there was still 3 feet of snow on the mountains. I've never hiked in snow before. So you can only imagine everyone was slipping and sliding all over the place. We learned you just have to "embrace the slide" and let it take you at times. Those that didn't embrace the slide would fall, which was quiet hysterical. We can't wait to get back to the park.






There were times you went through the snow without fair warning.


Check out the snowman we made in the Rockies!!!



Hope you enjoyed the pics. We honestly feel like we're on a long vacation. My job is easy and I can't believe I get paid to live in Denver. We love our church here, Calvary Chapel Castle Rock. It reminds us of CC of Knoxville. WE miss everyone and we will be in Lebanon and Knoxville in mid-July. Stay posted for more blog updates. We are so blessed,God is so good!!! Thomas and Crystal Shields

No comments: