Saturday, January 5, 2008

Hello To All!!!!

I know, I know...Thomas and I are the worst at updating our blog. So sorry. Well, I finished up my assignment in Manhattan Dec. 16th and made way back to Tennessee to make our rounds. We didn't have much time home this time,so needless to say it flew by. A few days in Chattanooga, Knoxville, and Lebanon then it was back in the car to drive cross country for the "third" time. We made it to Salt Lake City,UT after 3 days on the road. We were here this time last year for the snowboarding season, so we were excited to get back.
Once we got here we slowly adjusted to the altitude...no joke. All we wanted to do was sleep the first week. At 4:oopm we were seriously wanting to go to bed. It took all we had just to make it til 8:00pm. Unfortunately, we haven't been able to "shred" yet b/c off all things to leave in Lebanon, we left some of our snowboarding gear. Although we don't have any Utah pics yet, we have plenty left from NY that we haven't posted yet.


My friend Lindsay and I watching the football game with fellow UT football fans in Manhattan back in September. As soon as I walked into this place I thought I was back in Knoxville. UT football fans in NYC....what!!!! My friend Lindsay is on staff with Campus Crusade in the city and she was such a blessing to have in the city. We were roommates in school, so to be in the same city again was a total blast.
The Brooklyn Bridge at sunset.
There was a Halloween parade and this guys were dressed up as Ghostbusters. Everytime they said " Who ya gonna call" in there thick Brooklyn accent, I almost lost it laughing so hard.
Watching the balloons being blown up the day before the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade, right by our apartment.

We had a great view of the parade. Right across the street of Macy's. Pretty sweet gig uhh!!!
Lacing up for ice skating in Central Park. My best friend Bethany and her husband Aaron came up to visit the week before we left NYC. Ice skating in New York was so much fun. Thomas and I think we missed our calling as figure skaters. We were pretty much doing 360's as soon as we hit the ice!!!



The tree at Rockefeller Center.



Wasting time on the Staten Island Ferry.
NYC's first snow from the top of our apartment.
Thanksgiving dinner at our friend, Caroline's, apartment. It was home away from home and Thanksgiving.

Good laughs at Thanksgiving dinner.

Thomas the tourist at the Statue of Liberty.
We got to go up to the top pedestal at the Statue of Liberty. I must say, my heart broke when I found out I couldn't go up to the crown.
The last pic is my favorite coffee shop in NYC. They knew my order when I walked in the door. Single shot extra chocolate large iced mocha....ummm. If I was a millionaire I would seriously fly there just to get a mocha from there.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You guys are a couple of Champions! i like your pics of NYC. Hey sorry we didn't get to meet up with over Christmas. I hope Utah is awesome. Thomas isn't that where we made our snowboarding debut.