Friday, May 9, 2008

Next stop....Long Beach California.

We landed in Long Beach CA April 19th and we will be here until the end of July. This is a new experience for both Thomas and I. We had no idea what to expect in coming to southern Cali. The one thing that got me on board was one word.....beaches!!! I felt I was long overdue for some fun in the sun. We've both been white as a ghost for way too long.

This area is just a few miles from our apartment. It's a great area to bike and run that's right along the water.

The Queen Mary!!!

Our first excursion was to Joshua Tree National Park. We absolutely love to camp!! We actually saw a real oasis....it looks just like it does in the cartoons, except the water's murky!!!



This a a Joshua Tree. Kind of ugly, but pretty at the same time. It's a mix between a fury tree and a cactus with plants on the ends.
There were lizards all over the place. Every time one ran across the trail I thought it was a rattle snake and thought I was going to have to get Thomas to suck poison out of my leg.


We hope everyone is well. Please keep us updated on life!!

No comments: