Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Hello All!!! Thomas and I are having a great time in Cali. What we've loved the most about Long Beach is that it's a great location for traveling to tons of other places in CA. We've gone to Laguna Beach, Huntington Beach, San Fran, Malibu.....it's so fun. However, do not be deceived, the water here is freezing!!! We're used to the luke warm water of Florida. I can't even stand to stick my pinky toe in the water. We miss everyone and hope all is well.

Long Beach is a big kite surfing beach. This people literally fly on top of the water. I really want to try it, but my luck, I'd get pulled out to Japan.

Hanging out at Malibu pier.

Thomas' sister Angela came to visit us. We were able to go to an improv show called the Groundlings. A lot of the actors end up on SNL. It was histerical!!!
Laguna Beach is definitely our favorite beach. The water is so blue and there are cliffs everywhere.
I love how my husband lays out.

Thomas and I took a road trip to San Francisco at the very last minute. It was probably one of the best trips we've ever had. This is the best burger place in the world!!! We had amazing food, went hiking, went to Napa Valley, walked the city, and had a free place to stay in the middle of down town San Fran (thanks Greg & Andy).
Thomas and I have a new obsession with Gelato!!! Ice cream....never heard of it.
My favorite bagel shop in San Fran. We went there every morning we were there.
Visiting the Muir Woods in San Fran.
When I lived in San Fran as a nanny. This was my favorite place to eat called Oggi's Cafe. It has the best veggies in the world. This was actually the only place I wanted to go while we were in San Fran. I could have just eaten there and drove back to Long Beach.
The view from Coit Tower in San Fran.
I love this city!!!


Thomas and I took the drive down Lombard. The famous crazy curvy street.

Napa Valley is one of the most beautiful places I've every seen. We went to a couple of winery's there and had a picnic lunch.



Tennesse Valley hike.





Crystal Cove National Park.
Lazy days on the beach.....oh, the life.

Check out the surfers.
Gelato.....imagine that. We want to open our own gelato store in Tennessee.
Hollywood Sign

We did the infamous hike to the Hollywood sign. It was hot!!!

Oh, sweet L.A. The beautiful smog!!!



Til next time!

1 comment:

Dave Baughman said...

Tom, you look like a rockstar in that next to last pic (hence the omission of the "h-a-s" from the name ... rockstars only have one syllable, you know). Major props for willingness to keep on keepin' on with that beard.

Looks like you guys are having a blast. Wish we were gonna be closer when we come over in August. Hang 10, dudes!